Working with first-rate advertising agencies affords me the opportunity to do great work for a broad range of clients. Building a freelance business gives me the freedom to stretch and grow in new creative directions.
A combination of sharply honed creative skills and business savvy translates into work that is consistently recognized and rewarded by employers, clients, customers and colleagues.
• Strategic direction and leadership, particularly digital capabilities and emerging trends
• Results-oriented branding, messaging, design and activation
• Planning through programming of user-centric interactive applications
• Consumer acquisition and retention via integrated digital channels
• Management of in-house staff and outside vendor relationships, including training
• Development of campaign KPIs, measurement, analysis and reporting
Directed the complete rebranding of the City of Livermore. Uncovered stakeholder issues via in-depth discovery sessions. Directed creative teams in development of comprehensive identity system. Sold ID system to Leadership Team and City Council, garnering official approvals. Developed all on-screen and print materials, including website, advertising, collateral and signage.
• City of Livermore successfully repositioned to recruit more retail businesses, residents and staff in a highly competitive marketplace.
• Citywide Communications Team was created, to ensure consistent use and application of identity system and graphic standards.
• Costs were reduced and staff productivity accelerated through the use of web-based standards and templates.
Produced fully integrated digital/social web portal for The Matteson Companies. Directed video content for online ad campaign, including pre-production specification and direction of virtual tour animations, generating tracking codes, and managing the Interactive Department. Developed SEO program for multi-generational profiles. Leveraged social media tools and functionalities for launch and on-going promotion. Coordinated creation of user profiles and usability testing. Collaborated with Public Relations and Environmental Design teams for fully integrated product launch.
• Exceeded client expectations on all metrics: traffic, click-throughs, interest list registrations, and sales.
• Enabled client stakeholders to manage content creation and updates.
• Produced triple-digit attendance at soft opening events.
• Continued gains in friends and followers via social networks.
Managed the first in-game advertising campaign for Subway Restaurants. Uncovered consumer habits via in-depth discovery sessions. Collaborated with ad sales team in choosing games and venues appropriate for brand and products. Directed creative teams in design and development of in-game assets. Successfully pitched campaign to franchise owners and corporate headquarters, gaining official approvals. Ensured final deliverables exceeded expectations.
• Earned leadership position for Subway in new digital space.
• Enabled deeper penetration of promotional messages to a highly desirable target audience.
• Delivered tracking of consumer interest and action via web-based applications and tools.
• Campaign continues to be a part of the brand’s integrated marketing efforts.
Where I’ve Been
Interactive Lead/UX Design Director
2011 – present
Associate CD/Interactive Director
2007 – 2011
J. Stokes & Associates
1997 – 2006
ML Haynes Design
How I Got There
Oakland & SF, CA
Primary & secondary teaching credentials
B.S. Human Development
American Advertising Federation ADDY Awards National, Regional and Local
More than a dozen awards for collateral, point-of-purchase, print, radio and television
Telly Award Silver Winner (highest honor)
Television campaign for Speedy Oil Change & Tune-up
Silver Microphone Awards National
Radio campaigns for Bay Alarm Company